Thursday, January 27

3pm Thursday

Pat is still in Detox.  I got a call from him today saying that they wanted him to see a doctor, approve his health and to prescrip a mild tranquilizer for him.  I had to make an appointment.  Did that, he told me that I would need to take him and I said ok, I made arrangements and then...

He called back.
"I want to stop at the house and get some clothes and a pillow and maybe a few things from there.'
ok
"and I might want to see Girlfriend before I come back.  She's the only one that really cares and I am only here because of her."
not ok not ok not ok
"and I pawned your computer 5 times and always had it back before you noticed, its only because of the cops that I didn't get it back this time"
not ok not ok not ok
"Am I going to go to jail?  If you don't remove the charges for theft, I am going to go to jail and you know if I ever go to jail I will spend the rest of my life in and out of jail"

This of course went downhill from there.  After I hung up I was shaky with nerves but all day long I have had songs of praise going through my head and once I stopped all the voices talking to me, "Something beautiful, something good.  All my confusion, He understood.  All I have to offer Him is loneliness and shame but, He made something beautiful of my life"
All I have to do is Be Still.

So, I was still, then I called his counselour in Detox and told him.  He said "You know, its our policy to take people to appoinments and bring them back"
So, its handled.  I had a nice chat with him and he reminded me that the threats and poor choices are the way an addict deals with stuff and some of them are very very good at it.

So, Exact Prayer Requests.
1. Good Choices Pat!!
2. Thanks that I was able to deal with the situation, I was Still
3. That we can continue to Be Still.

thank you friends and family.  Hope to see you soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Linda. Hang in the sweety. Pat's choices are not your doing. He will make the choices he makes regardless of what you say and do. The same way his successes are because of his work. You can be supportive either way but it is not because you did or did not do something.

    Hang in there my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete