Monday, May 16

Pat in Rehab

I am so sorry that I have not updated for so long.
Pat went into Rehab 4 weeks ago.  He is out this Thursday.  He has committed to following a sober lifestyle using the AA 12 step program. He plans to live in an Oxford House.  He has an interview on Sunday to see if he will be accepted. 
His dad and I went down last week for the family program.  It was about what I expected but really opened Mikes eyes!  He and his dad, I think, decided to accept themselves and each other as flawed human beings with forgiveness for the past.
I will continue to be cautiously optimistic for now. 
Lots of things went on there.  Some I still haven't wrapped my head around but most of it was as expected.  Thanks to my online support group, I was prepared and strong and ready! 

I will talk about what happened another time.  Sorry, with Mom and Pat and life, I just have not been able to keep everyone informed.  I am here though and prepared to spend some time telling everyone the goings on of the past month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment